45 years old patient
Hypertension - grade 2
Pre-diabetic (with a strong positive family history for diabetes mellitus&cerebrovascular strokes)
Mild renal dysfunction & micro-albuminuria
Mild left ventricular hypertrophy “LVH” by Echo & border line LA dimensions
1) In such a case, according to the treatment approach of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) 2007, the antihypertensive combination of first choice is:
2) Beyond the BP reduction effect of the antihypertensive combination of choice, we also target the following:
3) In this case, it is recommended to avoid ACEI as mono therapy or combined therapy to avoid:
4) If ARB combination is the antihypertensive combination of choice, what is the ARB molecule of choice which shows the highest patient adherence among all antihypertensive classes, molecules, and combinations?
5) According to the Egyptian National Hypertension Project, about 26% of Egyptians are hypertensive patients. Only 8% of those treated are controlled, this might be because of:
6) Irbesartan - as a mono therapy or combined therapy - guarantee a 24 hours tight blood pressure control, because it has the highest half-life among all ARBs, which reaches up to:
7) According to Irbesartan Diabetic nephropathy Trial (IDNT), treatment with Irbesartan was associated with a …………. % higher reduction in the risk of primary composite end point compared to Amlodipine
NB. Primary endpoint includes: doubling of base line serum creatinine concentration - Onset of end stage renal disease - death from any cause.